Sunday, 8 March 2015

Continuity task 2 planning



Sequence 1)
Long shot - Alice sat in a dimly lit room tied up with rope
*SOUND EFFECT* - BOOM
*CUT*
Medium shot - Alice looks up to the camera (scared)
*SOUND EFFECT* - BOOM
*CUT*
Close up - To shot of Alice’s hands
*SOUND EFFECT* - BOOM
*CUT*
Point of view shot - From Alice's perspective
*SOUND EFFECT* - BOOM
*CUT*

Sequence 2)
Long/Medium shot - Beth walks down the corridor towards the door, leading to the room Alice is in
*MATCH ON ACTION*
Medium shot - Camera is behind Beth walking to the door
Long shot - Beth is at the door looking around suspiciously then begins to open it

Sequence 3)
*MATCH ON ACTION*
Long shot - Beth opens the door and begins to enter
*MATCH ON ACTION*
Medium shot - Beth enters the room where Alice is being held captive

Sequence 4)
Medium shot - Beth sits down opposite Alice
*ESTABLISHING SHOT*
{DIALOGUE}
*SHOT REVERSE SHOT*
Over the shoulder shots - 
Beth: 'Hello Alice' (sarcastic smile)
Alice: 'Why am I here?'
Beth: 'I think you know'
Alice: 'It wasn’t my fault!'
Beth: 'Does it matter?'
Alice: 'Of course it does, I’m stu-'
Beth: 'I don’t have time for this!' (hits table and storms out)

Sequence 5)
Over the shoulder shot - Beth storms out
*CUT*
Medium shot - Alice left scared in the room
*SOUND EFFECT* - BOOM
*CUT*

This is a brief storyboard of a selection of clips that I wish to use in my second continuity task along with a short script. I have developed my skills since my first continuity task as I now understand the importance of planning ahead and how useful these tools can be when it comes to shooting all of my clips. I also feel like this task will be much more developed as the story behind it has been more thought out and much more planning and preparation has been put in place before the day of filming. I will be taking this lesson learnt and applying it to my opening sequence to ensure that everything is planned in much greater detail before the crucial filming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment