Feedback is important during the editing process as other people may notice things that we don't.
As a group, we shared the post around our friends and families. I myself, posted the rough cut (shown in Diary Entry- ALMOST FINISHED) onto my Facebook, asking for feedback from friends that i'm maybe not close to who aren't worried about giving me feedback.
From Facebook, I received praise for the film, people saying it was 'effective' and 'well made'.
Someone commented that the typography wasn't very in keeping with the theme of an action thriller. So I revised the simplistic typography and decided it did work because, well it's simplistic! It doesn't draw away from the flashbacks and voiceover, audience don't have to think much as there isn't to much going on.
Comments from friends, including our actors, were all positive, apart from them being a bit camera shy, thus feeling embarrassed about watching themselves.
They especially like the ending when there is a freeze frame of Brooke, commenting that it that it makes you 'know she's important to the plot'.
Also, that the small silence before the antagonist appears 'stand out' as you suspect 'something was coming'.
There only criticisms were the lack of sound in some places, but this wasn't new news as I knew I had to add extra sound effect in and add to the score.
Comments from fellow peers, ones that know all of the similar camera and editing techniques that I do;
gave generally good comments.
When watching my rough cut, points for improvement included points such as the digetic sound not matching action on screen. But after the mistakes regarding the sound were corrected, comments became positive in that it was unnoticeable that sound effects were added. Another comment was that the voiceover was spaced too far apart and some tended to forget what had previously been said.
It was clear to viewers that the target audience are young people; 15-24 year olds, similar to the protagonist. It was also easy to identify the thriller genre.
The general consensus was that it was ranked around 81/2 out of 10! A result I am incredibly pleased with!
No comments:
Post a Comment